Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: When it hits.

ReachOut Peer Supporter sippinsmiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Angel View Post
    Again, it's not so much leaving that scares me. It's the fact that I won't know about the updates in my dad's health nor will they know how I'll be doing. We are hoping to get my health issues resolved before I go to college because I'm not exactly the kind to tell somebody when something is wrong because it's fairly normal to me. That is stressing my mom out.
    Have you considered going to city college and then transferring to a University? It's a lot cheaper, especially with all these tuition hikes! And you and your family will have more time to resolve your health issue.

Quote Originally Posted by YOLO_yeahh View Post
    Have you considered going to city college and then transferring to a University? It's a lot cheaper, especially with all these tuition hikes! And you and your family will have more time to resolve your health issue.
    No. I refuse to put my life on hold because of this. The school I'm enrolling in is one of the best. And it is actually cheaper because of the financial aid they are offering me.

ReachOut Peer Supporter sippinsmiles's Avatar
    No. I refuse to put my life on hold because of this. The school I'm enrolling in is one of the best. And it is actually cheaper because of the financial aid they are offering me.
    You're awesome! But hey, just because you go to city college doesn't mean you're putting your life on hold..you're just taking the scenic route.

Quote Originally Posted by YOLO_yeahh View Post
    You're awesome! But hey, just because you go to city college doesn't mean you're putting your life on hold..you're just taking the scenic route.
    I can't afford to take the scenic route.

ReachOut Peer Supporter AmiableRose's Avatar
    That's reasonable. Not letting obstacles hold you back to reach your goals is a good thing. Just do what you can to get there.

ReachOut Peer Supporter ExPLorer_11's Avatar
    Thats Awesome! Glad to hear you have desire to attend a good college. However, a CC doesnmt mean your life on hold, your just taking the same GE courses in a different school.. and less expensive. But then again if you have Financial aid take advantage of the opportunity.. LOL

ReachOut Peer Supporter Lilbirdy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExPLorer_11 View Post
    Thats Awesome! Glad to hear you have desire to attend a good college. However, a CC doesnmt mean your life on hold, your just taking the same GE courses in a different school.. and less expensive. But then again if you have Financial aid take advantage of the opportunity.. LOL
    Ecplorer_11 you make valid points and i agree if you are going to be reicieving finacial aide to attend the Universty then by all means jump on that boat and sail to your distanation where you can expierence the collage life!

Just don't go out till you have your homework done because falling behind is not the buisness...

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbirdy View Post
    Ecplorer_11 you make valid points and i agree if you are going to be reicieving finacial aide to attend the Universty then by all means jump on that boat and sail to your distanation where you can expierence the collage life!

Just don't go out till you have your homework done because falling behind is not the buisness...
    Exactly, Thanks for the great advice. Do homework first then go out. Gotcha! Great suggestion. Also dont procrastinate. Worst thing ever!

ReachOut Peer Supporter MindfulWarrior's Avatar
    this thread really inspires me to find a college not close to home I think its time for the baby bird to fly away from the coop

Quote Originally Posted by MindfulWarrior View Post
    this thread really inspires me to find a college not close to home I think its time for the baby bird to fly away from the coop
    i think just the fact of going away from home helps an individual become more mature and independent.