Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Story behind usernames?

ReachOut Peer Supporter Lilbirdy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MindfulWarrior View Post
    hahah that's awesome (: i really dig it ... "a lil birdy told me"
    Lol... Yes my imaginations are wild!

ReachOutMR
    Hahaha there's no elaborate or meaning behind my username. I'm sorry, but I loved hearing why each of you chose your own(:

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Angel View Post
    This is how my username originated. Black is my favorite color and while most see it as a dark depressing color I see it as actually uplifting. To me it represents hope and reuniting. When you see darkness around you, you typically hope that there is nothing bad around and hope to find a light at the end of the tunnel. Black roses are also the flowers usually used in funerals and also my favorite flower. I believe in an after life and think that anyone who leaves this world will soon be reunited with us when we ourselves come to an end. Angels are to be followers of God. They are souls of the people departed from this world that lived righteously and went to heaven. It is what I strive to one day be when my life on this Earth comes to an end. That is how I came up with my username.
    I totally understand what you mean with this! There is such a negative connotation around darkness. In cartoons and movies evil people always have a hint of darkness to them, and sometimes if its very serious they will even make the bad person black. I like to think of it as Ying and Yang, they are both present equally in the circle and they flow together. Its part of life and we definitely should not think bad of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Comet View Post
    I totally understand what you mean with this! There is such a negative connotation around darkness. In cartoons and movies evil people always have a hint of darkness to them, and sometimes if its very serious they will even make the bad person black. I like to think of it as Ying and Yang, they are both present equally in the circle and they flow together. Its part of life and we definitely should not think bad of it.
    I know. True. It's strange because most things that others find depressing, I find enlightening and uplifting. Even my poems and drawings make people think I'm morbid when I don't see them that way.

ReachOut Peer Supporter sippinsmiles's Avatar
    Hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I named mine after Serafina Pekkala, a witch from the book The Golden Compass . She's described as beautiful, powerful (but not all-powerful), brave, wise, strange, and alone. She's a character I would like to be!
    Last edited by Serafina; 04-26-2012 at 05:37 PM.

ReachOut Peer Supporter AmiableRose's Avatar
    ooh Serafina, I really like your name! Is the Golden Compass one of your favorite books?

Thanks! Yes it is!

ReachOut Peer Supporter ExPLorer_11's Avatar
    The story behind my username is that i just love the outdoors! Well during every spring except summer! Summer is just to hot to go hiking and getting FRESH air.. LOL i do love the fact that we are able to swim in a lake during the summer! I love exploring the wilderness and its wonders!

Quote Originally Posted by Serafina View Post
    I named mine after Serafina Pekkala, a witch from the book The Golden Compass . She's described as beautiful, powerful (but not all-powerful), brave, wise, strange, and alone. She's a character I would like to be!
    OMG! I love those books! And definitely liked Serafina Pekkala! I was so angry when they stopped making the movies because some people did not like the book.

There really is no story, i always chose katiekins98 but i wanted something new and different so it just poped into mind. The 14 is my lucky number though.

ReachOut Peer Supporter ExPLorer_11's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kating14 View Post
    There really is no story, i always chose katiekins98 but i wanted something new and different so it just poped into mind. The 14 is my lucky number though.
    That is a great way to choose a username, and not forget it. I usually forget half of mine since i have like twenty different username all over the web. LOL I think ima start sticking with one. lol

the story of mine is that when I bleached my hair to platinum blonde everyone said that I looked like a barbie and I felt shattered inside from my depression and other issues so I thought up shatteredbarbie.

The story behind my username is much... Not from a book or quote or anything special.. Evanescence had a song called Free Fall. But that's not why I chose this name. I would have down Everybody'sFool95 if I did it after a song.. But my story has a deeper meaning.. When something good finally happens in my life... I already know its going to take a turn for the worst, get shot down from the sky a free fall in a downwards spiral to earth only to shatter in a million pieces... But, Right now something good is happening and I'm afraid it's going to take a wrong turn and jump off of the top of K2 and free fall to its icy grave... So.. I'm Free-Faller95 (95 because its my birth year xD) not much of a story... =/

ReachOut Peer Supporter seattledreams-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Free-Faller95 View Post
    The story behind my username is much... Not from a book or quote or anything special.. Evanescence had a song called Free Fall. But that's not why I chose this name. I would have down Everybody'sFool95 if I did it after a song.. But my story has a deeper meaning.. When something good finally happens in my life... I already know its going to take a turn for the worst, get shot down from the sky a free fall in a downwards spiral to earth only to shatter in a million pieces... But, Right now something good is happening and I'm afraid it's going to take a wrong turn and jump off of the top of K2 and free fall to its icy grave... So.. I'm Free-Faller95 (95 because its my birth year xD) not much of a story... =/
    Hey Free-Faller95! It sounds to me that you're feeling pretty down about how things seem to turn out for you. I'm sorry that you feel that way. Maybe trying to turn those negative events into positive ones can help. From experience, having a positive outlook makes negatives not as bad. I wonder if checking out this fact sheet on resiliency would help you out. We're all here for you if you every need someone to talk to!
    http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...come-resilient

ReachOut Peer Supporter MindfulWarrior's Avatar
    showing love to all of the youth breaking away into this forum (: i'm so happy to be a part of this lovely place.. YOU EMPOWER ME TO KEEP YOUTH VOICE STRONG AND BRING CLARITY TO MY PATH:p

the mindful warrior

Quote Originally Posted by shatteredbarbie View Post
    the story of mine is that when I bleached my hair to platinum blonde everyone said that I looked like a barbie and I felt shattered inside from my depression and other issues so I thought up shatteredbarbie.
    Hey shattered barbie, I see that you have felt hurt by others. This website is designed to make you feel safer. I'm here for you if you ever need anything!

It had always been difficult for me to see things through the eyes of optimism... I make a living off of being pessimistic.. If I'm negative about something, it comes out with a positive outcome. But, when I attempt to be optimistic, I end up either shattered and in tears or just another person that hates me. It's just how my life is. xD

Hey there, Free-Faller95. I know things can be tough sometimes and seem like there is a slim chance that something good will happen from thinking positively. However, I can tell you from personal experience that positive thinking really does change things. Instead of focusing on the negative, perhaps you should try looking at things from a neutral perspective - not everything is always so black and white! This fact sheet elaborates more on what I'm talking about: http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...hinking-errors

Remember, this forum is to offer encouragement and provide alternative solutions to various issues you might experience. I know things can seem tough, but it's important to hang in there.

ReachOut Regular Girl in Wonderland.'s Avatar
    The story behind my name is that eveyone thinks alice is crazy and there really is no wonderland, and i know somewhere there is a wonderland and people think im "mentally unstable" just like alice! plus, im proof that every princess isent perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Girl in Wonderland. View Post
    The story behind my name is that eveyone thinks alice is crazy and there really is no wonderland, and i know somewhere there is a wonderland and people think im "mentally unstable" just like alice! plus, im proof that every princess isent perfect!
    Hey Girl in Wonderland., I really like your username.

Mine is from John Lennon's "Imagine" ... I love the Beatles so much!! also, I'm an artist and I cannot stop myself from daydreaming which tends to be a problem since I always get my hopes and expectations up and they always end up shattered...so I guess this is the best representative of my spirit which is filled with hope, disappointment, and shattered dreams

My username is inspired by a number of things.
    I am a legit gamer when I play video games and I complete hard tasks so Lemon Gummi = Lg __ Legit Gamer = Lg
    also portal 2 could not have said it any better! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mt8I6cvFsM

I also feel that lemons are underrated and hated amongst the fruit. Sort of like me!

People are bitter towards me all my life. Even though I am sweet.

Lemon = bitter Sweet = Gummi (like candy)

Also I like how it sounded, and how unique it is.

I don't hate lemons, and I don't hate you!

Susie RO Admin,

Not a day goes by that I wish people like you are not myths.

It seems like a fantasy whenever I am complimented....

also thanks for your kindness, I appreciate it!