Thread: Depressed

Exclamation Depressed

I went to the doctors and he is wanting to test me for cancers and arthritis and he is already treated me for it and he proscribed me some meds to take away pain. But i am only 16 going on 17, and it so devastating to know at 17 years old you may have cancer and arthritis. Its two days before Christmas day and I am so depressed because I don't know what to think about anything anymore. I need some advice badly.

Hi rissahalol,

This all must be so frustrating for you, not being sure about what is going on with your health. Try not to jump to conclusions too soon about results. So many things could change. Maybe you can focus on staying busy and doing some things for other people during the holiday season, to help take your mind off of things.

It might help you to ask your doctor for some information about support groups for people in similar situations. Depending on what you're going to be dealing with, it can really help to talk to others who have been through it. They can offer you hope, and a lot of great information.

Remember that you can always make a quick call to the helpline at Your Life Your Voice. They are available 24/7, and would love to talk to you about the way you're feeling. The number is 1-800-448-3000.
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums