Thread: Need advice

Exclamation Need advice

Well, I had a brother that I kinda call my brother but he isnt related to me at all. And me and him got into a huge fight and now we are no longer called bro and sis. Which I am upset about it but all I asked him his to be nicer to me. I wish i could go back in time and fix everything. Also, I am going through a lot and wanting to start doing my self harm again which i havent done since 17 weeks ago. I don't know what to do anymore. Should I try to get the relationship back? Also, how not to selfharm when I am upset.

Hi rissahalolo9959!

I am so, so sorry that you're going through such a rough time with your brother. Do you think he would be open to sitting down and talking things out? I know that it can be difficult to confront someone when you're not getting along, but talking things through and keeping an open line of communication is important when it comes to friendships and relationships. This fact sheet has some great information on communicating effectively, and this one goes into detail about resolving an argument or disagreement. I hope you'll check them out!

You are such a strong person for being able to talk about your struggles with self harm. Do you have any coping strategies that have worked for you in the past that could work now? We have a thread here where other users have posted things that help them cope, perhaps one of those suggestions will be useful for you as well! If you ever feel like you need someone to talk to, there's always the option of calling the youth helpline Your Life Your Voice(1-800-448-3000), they're free, confidential, and available 24/7! You can also text, email, or chat online with them, and for more information on those services just click here.

Stay strong, you can get through this!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

Thank you. and i usually just write my story. thank you i will try that.