Thread: I need help

I need help

Ok I need help. I know my guidance counselor can help me but I don't know how to approach her. How can I just force myself to walk into her office and ask to talk to her?

Hey there Cookie, have you considered going to your counselor before school starts and asking if you can schedule an appointment? You might want to read this fact sheet too to get some ideas! http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...ork-in-schools Please let us know how it goes and remember if you want to talk to anyone we're here too!

Yes. I have tried but she is never in her office before school starts.

Hi Cookie0699,

It sounds like it's been difficult to schedule an appointment with the counselor. I'm so sorry about that! It's great, though, that you came here to get support and ideas.

Making that first appointment with a counselor can be kind of scary. Do you have any teachers that you trust? Perhaps you could ask them some advice on the best way to make an appointment with the counselor? Sometimes too you can get information in the school office, so they might be able to help.

Stay strong! We're here for you. Let us know how things go.
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums