Thread: The Trouble With Coping..

ReachOut Regular

Thumbs Up The Trouble With Coping..

Cutting- a harmful and addicting drug that leaves an intense numbing effect that only lasts a for no more than an hour. Recovering from cutting or any other self harming is really hard. I would know, I'm currently fighting myself with it right now. I've tried everything to keep my mind off of hurting myself but it's always in the back of my mind. But, I know that God gave me this life for a reason.. he knew I'm strong enough to get through it so that's what I'm going to do.. and you can do the same.

Hello lailaaa,

I'm so glad to hear you say that you're going to get through this with your strength! You absolutely are strong, and I believe that you can get through this as well! Talking with people when you're struggling is a smart, brave thing to do, and I'm so glad that you came here tonight.

Some people find it helpful to write in a journal when feeling the urges to self-harm. Other coping techniques that may help are distracting with art, music, or favorite tv shows or books, meditation, yoga, taking walks, hitting a pillow or punching bag, or tearing up newspaper.

Another fantastic option is to call the helpline Your Life Your Voice at 1-800-448-3000 any time you'd like to talk. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and really helpful! It's free to call, secure and confidential as well. They offer other ways that you can contact them, like an online chat, email, and even texting (text VOICE to 20121). The online chat and texting service are available from 6 pm to midnight CST, and you can find out more information by visiting their page via THIS LINK.

No matter what, there is always someone you can talk with! You are not alone! Keep up that amazing strength, and just know that there is always hope!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums