Thread: From bad to worse

Angry From bad to worse

Hello Nick here,

Again. My godmather loves me and i love her too. She is so close to our family. She is like a teen seriously. We have chemistry. I thought that i can told her that i am gay and how i am feeling etc. I was 100% ready to do it because she could help me. I heard a conversation that she had with my mother. They were talking about politcs etc. My mom said about a congressman

that he is gay but she said it like it is something very bad. I couldn't felt my legs. My godmother replied that yes he is and she also said it like it is something bad. Back to the begining again. I don't when i will be ready again to talk to anyone. I am scared once again.

Hello iamnick,

That must have been so discouraging to hear, and I'm really sorry. It sounds like you have a pretty close bond with your godmother, and were thinking about coming out to her, but now you're just not sure. It's OK to take all the time you need to feel comfortable, and most importantly secure and safe.

You can always talk with us here, as well as check out other resources like the helpline Your Life Your Voice and The Trevor Project. No matter what, there is always someone who cares and wants to listen. You are not alone!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

Nick,
    I'm sorry you had to hear them talk about that subject in a possibly negative way. However, you have the power to decide when the time is right to come out to a friend or a family member. Maybe you could even try practicing how you would say it in front of a mirror or something until you have boosted your confidence. If any of your close friends know about your decision, maybe you could even invite them over on the big day to support you! Until then, just remember that you're not alone. So maybe teens, and even adults, are stuck in the same situation as you; but, it'll get better with time. Stay strong!