Thread: No more Reachout:( Noooo

No more Reachout:( Noooo

I've used Reachout for two years now with the texting program and this and reading things online. I hear its going to end... Why? It's not fair that so many programs have all this money but Reachout seems to be losing funding or something. It really makes me sad to think that I am not going to be able to talk with other young folks on whats going on in my life. You guys have been here for me time and time again and I do not want that to end. It's making me feel depressed and I kinda almost cried. I want to know that Reachout is not going away forever and that there's some hope. Please tell me there is a plan. I need you guys to be here for me and to be there for others. This program is sorely needed and I am just upset with America for being behind on the mental health services wagon. It almost feels like a breakup.

Anyways. at least its still here for this month.

Hello atbfan,

I'm so sorry that this news has upset you. You are all really so lovely, and it means a lot to hear you say how much the forum has helped you. You can read the announcement HERE, which offers some suggestions for additional communities that you may want to check out in the meantime.

Keep talking with us for the rest of the month as much as you'd like! No matter what, keep up the hope!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

Can I share my tumblr with people here so that we can still talk when this site is down? I understand the importance of anonymity usually doesn't allow for this but my tumblr is under the same fake name as my account here so it would still keep me safe and secret.

Hello th118!

It's really awesome to hear that you'd like to continue to offer up support and lovely words to others, however, we do still want to preserve that anonymity. You'll notice a few really great networks and sites in my signature lines below that you can check out to keep talking with others as well as get some support if you'd like!

Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums