Thread: The Thoughts Coming Back

ReachOut Regular

Unhappy The Thoughts Coming Back

Since 6th grade (I'm in 9th now), I've had a really bad problem with cutting and punching my wrists. My parents noticed during the summer of 7th grade and started taking me to therapy. I felt fine... at least that's why I thought. Over the past few months I've gone through some really rough times and I can't help thinking that maybe everything would be so much easier if I just died. I'm finding it a lot harder to resist cutting or hurting myself.. help?

Hello lailaaa, and welcome to ReachOut!

I'm so glad that you took this step in opening up here today. It sounds like you're struggling, and could use someone to talk with. I'm really so sorry for the tough times that you've been experiencing, and I want you to know that you are not alone!

When you feel the urges, how about hitting a punching bag or pillow, ripping up newspaper, or throwing some ice against the wall? Do you have someone that you feel you can talk with in your life? Maybe a family member or other trusted adult like the school counselor or a teacher? Talking can be really beneficial as well, and help with not only getting those emotions out, but processing them, and maybe even looking at things with a new perspective.

The helpline Your Life Your Voice is a great place to call any time you need to talk, or when you're feeling the urges. The number to call is 1-800-448-3000, and it's available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It's free to call, confidential, and secure as well. For more information, and to find out other ways you can contact them, click THIS link to their page. I hope you'll consider giving them a call.

http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...rate-self-harm
    http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...with-self-harm
    http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...meone-can-help

We're all here for you, and we truly care! Stay strong! Brighter days are on the horizon!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

I see that your parents took you to therapy. Are you still going to therapy? If so, maybe talking about those tough times that you went through could help you. Resolving issues with the past will give you a better outlook of the future. Even if you are not going to therapy, you can always find someone to talk to, like an adult that you trust, or even a friend who will understand. You have this online community as well who can give you advice and help you! If you need someone to talk to, you can always come to me as well. I will do my best to help you. I've been fighting those urges since I was in sixth grade, and I am in eleventh grade now. It isn't going to be easy to get on the path you need to be on, but eventually you will get there. I am so glad you chose to come and share how you are feeling. That is a great first step!

Quote Originally Posted by Never2Late View Post
    I see that your parents took you to therapy. Are you still going to therapy? If so, maybe talking about those tough times that you went through could help you. Resolving issues with the past will give you a better outlook of the future. Even if you are not going to therapy, you can always find someone to talk to, like an adult that you trust, or even a friend who will understand. You have this online community as well who can give you advice and help you! If you need someone to talk to, you can always come to me as well. I will do my best to help you. I've been fighting those urges since I was in sixth grade, and I am in eleventh grade now. It isn't going to be easy to get on the path you need to be on, but eventually you will get there. I am so glad you chose to come and share how you are feeling. That is a great first step!
    Hello Never2Late,

I think it's awesome, and so showing of just how much strength you have that you're here sharing this support and so many kind words! I saw a few posts from you today that show that!

I want you to remember that we're here for you when you need to talk as well! We truly care!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

ReachOut Regular
    Thank you so much!