Thread: I have major problems :/

Rookie

I have major problems :/

So I decided to be really stupid today and steal some [...] and an [...] from the store. I don't know why, but when I saw the [...] I just felt like I had to have one to cut myself with. I only didn't pay for it because I couldn't let my mom see it. I've been caught cutting before and even though it was a while ago I didn't want her thinking anything like I'm possibly cutting again . Now, getting to the point I feel really guilty about this now. I'm not sure what I expect from putting this on here, but I just feel super guilty and thought it might help. I just can't believe I've screwed myself up so bad that I'm stealing something to cut myself with. I feel so messed up. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Hey Cass,

Has something happened recently that has caused you to feel like self-harming? Have you already self-harmed tonight? Why don't you just pause, and make a quick cal to the helpline at Your Life Your Voice? The number is 1-800-448-3000, and they are there now, to talk to you about anything that you'd want to talk about.

You could also just grab those tools, and carry them to someone else, and just tell the person that you are struggling with urges to self-harm, but really want to stay clean. It's ok to ask for help!

You can do this, friend.
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

Rookie
    No, nothing necessarily happened I've just been kinda weird lately. I did self harm last night, but I'm ok I've been worse. As much as I know I need to get rid of [...] I just don't know if I can. I have one friend that knows almost everything and I know he wants me to stop. I told him what I did and he was mad at me, but I know he just wants to help.
    Last edited by Rachel_Moderator; 11-29-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Hi Cass,

It sounds like you're struggling, and I'm so sorry that it's been hard for you lately. I'm really glad you're reaching out to us, though.

Your friend must care about you, and I'm happy that you have such a supportive person in your life. Do you think you could talk to him about how you're feeling? Sometimes talking with someone can help release tension when life isn't so great.

We care about you, and we're here for you. Let us know how you're doing.
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums