Thread: Worried

ReachOut Regular

Worried

Hi. I think my boyfriend wants to have sex with me and I don't know what to do.It's freaking me out!!! I'm only 16 years old and I'm still studying.. and I'm worried that I might get pregnant 'coz my friends told me that contraceptives are not 100% effective. It that true???

Hi Ed120, welcome to ReachOut!

Being able to openly communicate with your partner about sex is an important aspect of having a sexual relationship. If you suspect your boyfriend wants to have sex, you should talk to him about the things that make you unsure, and make sure you're both on the same page should you decide to progress your relationship. There's nothing at all wrong with not being ready! This fact sheet on some of the top sex myths girls hear has a great section on contraceptives, I hope you'll give it a read!

We're here if you want to talk!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

ReachOut Regular
    You should ask yourself if you feel comfortable with having sex? Don't think about what he wants, you need to be sure your physically ready and emotional ready. If you feel comfortable with the idea then go ahead andtry it. But do not be afraid to say no halfway through it, and if your boyfriend cares for you he'll understand.

ReachOut Regular
    I think I'm not ready yet. but he was having problems stopping himself, though it'll be our first time.

~thanks for the advice.

ReachOut Regular
    My suggestion is to maybe ease of the sexual activity then or try things very slowly to see what you're comfortable with/ okay with. If he doesn't like that idea then he isn't the guy for you. Your bf should be willing to wait for as long as you want and not care.