Thread: He left

ReachOut Regular

He left

My fiancé left me a few weeks ago and I never expected it. He thought I didn't consider his feelings when I had to idea he was upset. Now he won't speak to me and I don't find joy in anything anymore. All I want to do anymore is cry at home and call him until he answers. I just don't know what to do anymore...

Welcome to ReachOut Elfrey! We're all so glad to have you here with us!

It sounds like you're going through a really tough time right now, with a lot to process. I am so sorry that this happened, and I just want you to know that you are not alone. We're all here for you!

If he isn't ready to talk right now, do you feel that it may be a good time to turn the focus on finding the things in your life that can bring back some of those feelings of joy? Maybe it's family, friends, or a hobby you're really passionate about, or perhaps you'd even like to learn something new. Keeping yourself busy can help to keep your mind off of the break up. Talking with people that you trust is another helpful thing you may want to do as well. Is there a family member or trusted friend that comes to mind?

I've found a couple of fact sheets that I think you'll find really beneficial to read over.
    http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...ugh-a-break-up
    http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...ing-strategies

We're here to listen, and we truly care! Stay strong! There are brighter days ahead for you!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

ReachOut Regular
    Elfrey my heart goes out to you! I know all you want to do is call him but try to refrain from it. Lock yourself up with your friends or mom whoever you feel is your best support system. You need to be around people that care deeply for you. You need to be reminded that you are an amazing woman. Being dumped by your fiance does not define you, in fact he's going to regret leaving you. You were the best thing that could of happened to him! Channel Beyonce you are going to survive this, don't let a man destroy you! I hope this helped you will get through this I promise. It's just going to take time but eventually you will feel back to your normal self. Just think because he left you now you have the ability to find someone who is really going to care about you and communicate how he is feeling!

Sending hugs!