Thread: A Tad Bit About Mika Link :D

A Tad Bit About Mika Link :D

Hey everyone, my name is Mika (pronounced My-kah. No one ever knows how to pronounce my name haha). I'm 16, live in Iowa, and am a transgender boy. I'm very open minded and accept ninety-nine percent of people. The other one percent being closed minded homophobic/transphobic/lgbt+ phobic/racist/misogynist/generally rude to others type people.
    I'm very much a dork. I enjoy spending my time on the internet; mostly mindlessly browsing Tumblr or YouTube. I idolize Dan Howell, Phil Lester, Damon Fizzy, and Jacksepticeye.
    Music is a big part of my life. I enjoy pop-punk/alternative type bands like Fall Out Boy, Mayday Parade, As It Is, and of course, the fathers of pop punk, Green Day.
    I'm a very creative person. I draw a lot of cartoons and odd characters. I also write. Mostly stories based around said odd creatures. My current project is about a half dragon boy named Jackly. He's a shy thirteen year old fire-breathing teenager. He's too mythical to be accepted into the human world, and too human to be accepted into the mythical world. His family is town in two as Jackly goes on an extensive internal journey to find who he is and where he is accepted.
    I'm hoping to write a full novel, or at least a short story, about Jackly and his struggles. Would anybody read it if I did decide to write it?

I hope we can be friends
    -Mika

Hello MikaLink, and welcome to ReachOut! We’re all glad to have you join us here today!

I see a whole lot of creativity coming from you! That story sounds really interesting, and like you have put a lot of thought into it. I think a lot of people would read it, and probably be able to relate to Jackly. You’ve got me intrigued just from the description!

I’m really sorry to hear that you have some people around you who aren’t accepting of others, and can be close minded and rude. That’s pretty frustrating. It sounds like there is a larger percent of open minded, accepting people though, and I’m so glad to hear that!

We’re all here for you, and always willing to listen!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums