Thread: my thoughts are getting more and more concerning

ReachOut Regular Xx_bringmethehorizon5's Avatar

my thoughts are getting more and more concerning

I don't know what to say anymore...most of the time now I feel either meaningless and empty or anxious and conscious, and recently I've been rapidly losing my motivation for everything. School, drawing, random things I enjoy, even eating (which is surprising, since I love food, though I don't overeat- I've just been noticing I've been eating less and less.) And while I'm not suicidal, I've been getting more and more frustrated and having more disturbing thoughts. I've considered things like [...] I've searched how one could do these things, and [...] I don't want to die. But I'm at the point where I'm seriously considering [...] I'm lost and confused and feeling like I'm drifting away...what do I do???? why am I feeling like this???
    Last edited by Rachel_Moderator; 11-22-2015 at 04:02 PM.

Hi Xx_bringmethehorizon5,

It sounds like you're really hurting right now. I'm so sorry about the pain you're going through. I'm glad that you reached out to us on the forum to get support, though.

I'm very concerned about you and want you to be safe. Do you have anyone there with you right now that you could talk to about what you're feeling? Maybe a family member or a close friend? Talking things over can help when things aren't going well.

How about calling Your Life Your Voice tonight? You can call them at 1-800-448-3000. They're available 24/7, and they are so helpful. You can also contact them via email, chat, or text. You can find out more about contacting them by clicking here.

Let us know how you're doing. We are here for you, and we care about you.
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

ReachOut Regular Athena_the_Gallifreyan's Avatar
    Hi there. As someone who struggled with depression for nearly two years, let me offer you some sincere advice. Don't lose sight of your life. I promise, it will get better. You might come out of this a different person than when you went in but it will be worth it in the end. I had my suicide planned out for weeks, but never went through with it and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. If you feel like you're drifting away, grab hold of something and make it the foundation on which you can build your life back up on. I know it's difficult to find things you care about anymore, and that it makes you feel completely isolated and alone, but if there's anything you can find joy in, cling to it with all you've got. If music makes you happy, (I see your username. You have good taste in bands) then listen to as much of it as you can. If seeing flowers makes you happy, then you had better make them your desktop picture so you can see them whenever you open your computer.

Please hang in there. No storm lasts forever and I promise it will blow over you.

Hello Athena,

I think it's really wonderful to see the the kind words and support that you have been offering to others tonight. You have such an inspiring, strong light in you!

I'm so glad that you are here talking with us, and I want you to know that we are all here for you as well!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums