Thread: Introducing Myself

Introducing Myself

Hey, my names Autumn and im a senior in highschool. I struggle with depression, self harm, and anxiety. I have a boyfriend but he says if i cant snap out of my depression and give him space then were done. I dont know how to get better. I dont want to lose him though.

I signed up on this forum because i just really need some people to talk to that cant be biased and actually genuinely dont mind helping.

Hi Auttey, welcome to ReachOut!

I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling right now. I'm glad you made this account and that you want to get the help you need, it can take a long time to admit to ourselves that we need help, and you are truly a strong person for recognizing that and taking steps to reach out to someone.

Do you have anyone you can talk to about these things? I know it can be hard to talk, especially in person, but it really can help to have someone such as a therapist, doctor, counselor, or trusted adult that you can go to when you are struggling. If you ever feel the need to talk to someone immediately, there is always the option of calling the youth helpline Your Life Your Voice(1-800-448-3000), they're free, confidential, and available 24/7! They even have the options of texting, chatting online, or emailing if you don't want to call. You can find out more information about those services by clicking this link here.

I have a few other fact sheets that I hope you'll look over, this one is about self-harm, this one goes into detail a bit regarding depression, and this one has a lot of great information about anxiety on it.

Do you have any coping strategies that help you when you feel the urge to self-harm coming on? There's a thread in another area of the forums, you can find it here, and it's a list from our own users of the various different things that help them cope with that urge.

Stay strong, no matter how tough things are right now, they can and will get better. There will be brighter days ahead!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums