Thread: depressed

ReachOut Regular

depressed

Hi. I'm really depressed. I don't want anyone to know that. I want everyone to think I'm okay. I just feel numb. I don't want to live anymore. It makes me sad to think that I have to live. I'm too scared of what would happen if I killed myself, what would happen after, and so I'm just here. Living. Sad. Doing the best I can. I'm addicted to drugs, cigarettes, alcohol, and sex. Anything to take the pain away, even if it's just for a little while. But I just don't want to be here anymore.

Hi Kaylaleanne14,

Welcome to ReachOut!

I am so, so sorry to hear that you are struggling with all of these things. Do you have someone that you can talk to? I know it can be hard to open up, but it can really help when you have someone to talk to about these kinds of things.

We also have a really great resource of fact sheets related to drugs and alcohol, I hope you will browse through them if you get a chance!!

If you don't have someone you feel as though you can talk to about these things, I hope you'll consider reaching out to Your Life Your Voice. They're a youth helpline that is free, confidential, and available 24/7 at the phone number 1-800-448-3000. They even have the option to chat online, email, or text, and you can find out more information about those services via this link here.

No matter how tough things are for you right now, remember that you're not alone, and things can and will get better! Just stay strong, there are brighter days ahead
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums