Thread: Life Sucks

ReachOut Regular

Life Sucks

Lately, as in the past 2 years, my life has just been going downwards. I am 15 years old, I currently live with my dad after moving out of my moms. And below is why my life sucks. Its a long story I know, just read around the end for the most information on why My life sucks right now.

In 2013, I was living with my dad who was at the time very abusive and angry. He would make me and my older brother (14 years old at the time) do all of the chores while he sat around the house playing games and watching t.v. saying that he was depressed to get out of work and chores. One day, not a week into summer vacation, he cracked. My brother was complaining about doing the dished because he has been doing them for the past week and my dad grabbed him by the throat and threw him against a wall breaking a light switch on my brother's arm. we went outside to see my mom coming to pick us up early for our visitation. after that me and my brother lived with my mom for a year while my dad calmed down. In 2014 I moved back in with my dad because I wanted to go back to my home town with all of my friends, which now seems like a bad choice, here is why. So far, he has only gotten calmer about chores. When I say that, I mean that he is not as angry but still makes me do all of the chores. I also forgot to mention he kicked my brother out of the house for being caught with drugs. Since I have been living here he has treated me like crap. Also, while I was living with my mom he sold many of the things I left behind including my guitar which was a christmas present, My ps3 which was also a present, and he took my t.v. which like the other items, was a present. I even later found out he emptied my bank account to pay for bills which was about $600 (that is a lot for a 14 year old like me). So now I have nothing of value and no money in my bank account. Due to recent events he will not let me see my mom anymore so I can't live there. All my other relatives live far away so I can't live with them. And life just sucks now.

Not sure how I am going to handle this situation, but I am trying to find help.

Hello GamingCzar, and welcome to ReachOut! We’re all glad to have you here!

I want to start out by saying that I am so sorry for what you have been through. It must be really stressful on you. After reading what happened with your brother before you went to live with your mom for a while, it brought up some concerns. I see that you’ve mentioned that since going back, your dad has calmed down, and that’s good to hear. Just keep in mind that if you ever feel that you are in any danger, call the authorities for help. We care about you here, and want to make sure that you are safe.

If you can’t see your mom, can you talk with her on a regular basis? How about your family members who live further away? Do you have a close relationship with any of them where you could talk with them? I understand that you don’t want to live far away from where you are now, but if there was an option to move in with a relative, would that give you a feeling of security and give you some hope? It’s helpful sometimes to have someone that you can talk to and be really open with. Perhaps it’s one of your family members, or maybe there’s a trusted adult in your life like a teacher or guidance counselor at your school.

http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...meone-can-help

Another option when you need someone to talk with is the helpline Your Life Your Voice, which is available 24/7 by calling 1-800-448-3000. It’s free to call, confidential, and secure. If you don’t call them tonight, go ahead and save that number somewhere to keep it handy. They’re really helpful! For more information on this and other ways to contact them, you can stop by their page via THIS link.

Do you feel that you could talk with your dad about how you’re feeling? It may be helpful to write it all out first, and go from there. You may even want to give the written piece to him if you think it would be a bit easier to start a conversation that way.

http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...s-or-guardians
    http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...-communication

Through stressful times, it’s important to keep in mind that it’s OK to take a bit of relaxation time and treat yourself with care. Taking walks, working on something artistic, writing, listening to music, and reading are just a few ideas. I’m sure you can think of some more, or maybe already have a few activities that you find helpful.

http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...ing-strategies

We’re all here for you, and we truly care! You are not alone!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

I know things are tough right now, but you can get through this. You are resilient human being! It may take a while for things to get better, but know that you have people you can talk to. And if things become bad at home, try to find a friend that you can go to who is willing to help you. If you are able, try to find an activity you can do afterschool or just around the home to distract you from your predicament, such as a club or finding a hobby that you may enjoy. It does get better from here. And if things get worse to where you feel that you hit rock bottom, just know that it can only get better from here! Stay strong and just know you have others who can help!