Thread: Think I am bi...

Think I am bi...

Hey I am new to this like really new to idea of being bisexual, but I think I am. I have feelings for this girl I know and she knows...she likes me too. I am scared though I don't know how this works and I don't want to hurt her. My family will disown me when they find out, but I am not going to tell them until I think that this relationship, if it becomes a relationship, will be long term. Just hard to explain really maybe someone will know how I am feeling..

Hi Southernbell17,

It sounds like you're struggling with your feelings right now, and I'm so sorry about that. It's great that you came here to reach out to us, though.

I'm so, so sorry to hear that you don't feel you can talk with your family. Is there someone else in your life that you might feel comfortable talking with? Sometimes talking with someone can help you sort through your feelings and get a new perspective on things.

This fact sheet has some information that might be helpful as you begin to explore your sexuality. This fact sheet provides some information about conversation starters that may be of help. And this one might help with some ideas about beginning romantic relationships with people you know.

Let us know how things go. We care about you! Stay strong!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums