Thread: Am i normal?

Post Am i normal?

Hello,

My name is Nick. I am from Greece and i am 14 years old. Also i am gay . I need help. Yesterday i was thinking if i am normal and other thing like that. I started crying and thinking that i am not normal. I want to come out to someone. I want to talk for this to my friends and my family but here in Greece we are so homophobic. I am scared of my parents' reaction and even my friends' reaction. Please if you can help me. I feel so alone in this.

Thank you,
    Nick

ReachOut Regular
    Hello Nick! You can call me Mia, I'm 18 years old. You are absolutely normal. Being gay is normal. There are so many gays out there! You are the same person, except you like boys. And that's totally fine. You should come out to a close friend or relative first! I can't talk from personal experience (since I'm heterosexual) but from what I've seen, it will make you feel much better. Accept yourself, and if someone doesn't accept you as you are, it's because they are not worth it. Your sexual orientation doesn't make you any less of a person! You are important and valuable, and a person just like any other. Good luck, you have my support

Quote Originally Posted by miab97 View Post
    Hello Nick! You can call me Mia, I'm 18 years old. You are absolutely normal. Being gay is normal. There are so many gays out there! You are the same person, except you like boys. And that's totally fine. You should come out to a close friend or relative first! I can't talk from personal experience (since I'm heterosexual) but from what I've seen, it will make you feel much better. Accept yourself, and if someone doesn't accept you as you are, it's because they are not worth it. Your sexual orientation doesn't make you any less of a person! You are important and valuable, and a person just like any other. Good luck, you have my support
    Thank you very much. I was so scared. But will my family accept me? Also i am not sure if my friends will accept this thing to me because i never had many friends and now in the Middle i have many friends and i don't want to lose them. They are important.

Thank you again,
    Nick

Hello iamnick,

I just responded to your other post, and left a few fact sheets for you over there, then I saw you had another post over here, so I wanted to hop over and leave a few words!

When coming out, there may be varied reactions from both family as well as friends. Is there maybe one member of your family or group of friends that you trust, and feel you could come out to first? Sometimes in having that one person there to support you through talking with others can be helpful. I hope that you can take some time and check out the resources that I left on your other post. I think you’ll find a lot of useful information in them!

We’re here for you!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy_Moderator View Post
    Hello iamnick,

I just responded to your other post, and left a few fact sheets for you over there, then I saw you had another post over here, so I wanted to hop over and leave a few words!

When coming out, there may be varied reactions from both family as well as friends. Is there maybe one member of your family or group of friends that you trust, and feel you could come out to first? Sometimes in having that one person there to support you through talking with others can be helpful. I hope that you can take some time and check out the resources that I left on your other post. I think you’ll find a lot of useful information in them!

We’re here for you!
    Thank you very much. You helped me to come out to one of my friends and he accepted me. ReachOut Best site ever
    Thank you,
    Nick