Thread: Your thoughts on asexuals as part of the LGBT+ community...

Your thoughts on asexuals as part of the LGBT+ community...

Hi guys! Opia here. I'm asexual.

As you know, the LGBT+ community is made up of any non-cis & non-straight person there is! This includes asexuality.

Of course, not everyone is accepting of these people, but asexuals do not necessarily have to go through such disadvantages. Many people have questioned asexuals even identifying as LGBT+ ("When you're killed because of your sexuality, then we'll talk!").

I personally think the problem lies with asexuality lies with not being considered an actual sexuality.

But that's just me!

I want to know what you think! Let us know what your views are; all opinions are welcome!

Lots of love,
    Opia

Hi there Opia! Welcome to the forums, I'm really really glad you're here! There are a ton of great people who love to talk and support you. I think I tend to agree, sometimes people don't consider asexuality a 'real' sexuality. But that's their failing, to not be open minded. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

ReachOut Regular
    Hi opia! I agree with you,asexuality is often forgotten and not considered "real" by some. I think it's because lots of people aren't used to it,some people doesn't even know it exist. We should pay more attention to the asexual community and how you guys work,so we can understand you better! ^^

Love,Nora

Hello Opia!
    I do believe asexuals are part of the LGBT+ community. I, myself, am aromantic and also forgotten about in the community. (I'm also ftm transgender, so I am very represented in that aspect, and may not be the best to state my opinion on the subject).
    Asexual is a very real sexuality and should have better representation.
    The A in LGBTQIA stands for asexual, not ally. People often forget that.
    I do agree with you that the problem in representation lies with people, especially in the community, not realizing it's a real sexuality.
    I don't feel like enough people talk about this, so I'm glad to finally be able to discus this with someone

-Mika