Thread: What is wrong with me?

ReachOut Regular

Exclamation What is wrong with me?

For almost 2 years now I will some months eat just fine, and then other months I wont. When I stop eating normally I just stop eating and when I do eat I eat as much can and then I dont eat for days sometimes. Someone please tell me how to fix it... its ruining my life... :supersad:

Hello that_gurrl, and welcome to ReachOut! We’re really glad that you’ve joined us here today!

It sounds like you’re feeling so powerless to these cycles, and I am so sorry for that. Can you think of anything that changes in your life as it goes from just fine to nothing for days? I can imagine how stressful it is, and has been, and I can see that it’s been going on for quite a while now. Have you talked with anybody about this? Is there someone in your life that you can think of that you’d feel comfortable opening up to? It could be a family member, trusted friend, or other trusted adult that comes to mind.

The helpline Your Life Your Voice is another great option when you need to talk. They’re available 24 hours a day/7 days a week by dialing 1-800-448-3000. It’s free to call, secure, and confidential as well. They’re there to talk, and can offer additional resources if needed. They’re so helpful, I hope you’ll save the number if you don’t make that call right away. You can find out more about this and other ways that you can contact them by visiting their page via THIS link.

No matter what, there is always someone who cares and is willing to listen! We’re all here for you!
    Last edited by Mandy_Moderator; 10-22-2015 at 04:49 PM.
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums