Thread: lost all my friends from depression and i have secrets that nobody knows

lost all my friends from depression and i have secrets that nobody knows

hi my name is tyrone im a girl and im tired of my parents fighting and putting me down.....i act like i dont care and i dropped all my friends .....my dads constant nagging telling me that im never gunna be somebody in life and that if i dissapear one day he wouldnt even care ....cutting seems to help im been cutting since 5th grade and cant seem to stop the longest iv done without it was 5 months but i started again because of depression anyone any advice

Welcome to ReachOut tyrone! I'm so glad that you've come here to talk with us today!

It sounds like you've been struggling for quite some time, and I'm really sorry for that. I can see that you stopped for 5 months before. Were there some coping strategies that you used at that time that you feel you may be able to try again? Writing in a journal, drawing or painting (anything artistic really), singing or screaming along with music, reading, watching a favorite movie or doing something like yoga or taking nature walks are just a few ideas. THIS thread is full of coping strategies that people right here on the forums have found helpful. Maybe you'll find some more there as well.

http://us.reachout.com/real-stories/...-and-self-harm
    http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...rate-self-harm
    http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...atment-options

It can be helpful to talk with someone. Maybe there is someone in your life that you feel you could open up with at this time. Another great option is to call the helpline Your Life Your Voice at 1-800-448-3000 It's free, confidential, secure, and available 24/7. They offer additional methods to contact them, and you can find out more information by visiting their page via THIS link. I hope you'll consider giving them a call! If you don't call right away, go ahead and save that number somewhere to keep it handy.

Do you feel that you can open up and talk with your parents about the way that their words make you feel? It may help to write it out first, and even let them read what you have written. It must really hurt to hear these things, and I'm so sorry.

http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...s-or-guardians

I want you to know that we are all here for you, and always willing to listen You are not alone! Stay strong, stay hopeful!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

reading sometimes helped and i love dancing that helps alot ....but as for talking to my parents about the way i feel thats a no because they think that whatever i say is stupid and if i try to tell them they will get mad and yell at me or ground me or hit me .....iv been thinking alot about running away but i just dont know where to go.....

Hello tyrone,

What style of dancing is your favorite? I love dancing (pretty much all styles aside from tap) as well and find it to be such a release and a fantastic way to express emotion. What book are you currently reading?

I’m really sorry to hear that you don’t feel that you can talk with your parents. Is there another family member who you can call? Maybe one who would be able to help with things at home as well? It concerns me to hear you say that your parents will hit you if you tell them. If you ever feel that you are in danger, please call 911. Your safety is so important to us. Is there a family member’s home or other safe home that you could go to if you feel that you needed to?

How about giving the helpline Your Life Your Voice a call tonight? If you haven’t saved that number yet, it’s 1-800-448-3000. It’s always available (24/7), free, confidential and secure. They will be able to offer additional resources as well as being so helpful to talk with.

http://us.reachout.com/get-help/gett...lp-in-a-crisis
    http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...-resource-page
    http://us.reachout.com/facts/factsheet/child-abuse

No matter what, there is always someone who cares and will listen. There is always hope! Stay strong!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk

i love like beat box dancing and and belly dancing and yea it does help sometimes......
    no i dont have anyone in my family that can help me ...and yea its cuz they are against lesbians, gays ,and bis, and trangenders they think that its a mental illness.....i disagree with them....and i will call 911 if they ever do that ...my brother used to abuse me before he moved out so im like really terrified of him and my dad.....and i will give them a call thank you its really comforming to be able to talk with someone about this it does help exspecially since i always bottle things up inside and hide my pain .....

Hello Tyrone,

Beat box dancing and belly dancing are both styles that I have not done, nor even tried! Wow, that’s pretty cool!

I’m really glad that you’re opening up to us here instead of bottling things up. I used to keep things in a lot, and I know from experience that it’s not a good feeling. It sounds like you've got your dancing to express some of those feelings through, as well as reading. Perhaps you could make a list of some coping strategies to keep handy for the times when you need.

I’m really so sorry for what you have been through, and I can only imagine the pain it has caused. It must have been so scary for you. Do you have someone like a teacher, school counselor, or another trusted adult there that you could talk with? I see that you can’t really think of any family members at this point in time. Any time you have something on your mind, no matter what it is, I hope that you’ll remember that you’ve got us here to talk as well as YLYV. I’m glad to hear that you’re going to give them a call. There’s always someone to listen! You are not alone in this.

I hope that you’ll continue to update us on how you’re doing. We’re all here for you, and we truly care!

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk

i had this one teacher that i can open up too she was like a mom to me .....she always listened and helped me when she can i just hate feeling so helpless......so far in three days i kinda felt happy with a friends help but everytime i go home it brings me down

Hello tyrone,

Having that support, be it from your teacher, a friend, or another trusted adult can be really helpful, and I'm glad to hear that you have that. I'm just sorry to hear that you're brought down once you return home. How about texting or calling and talking with your friend or maybe taking a walk to clear your mind a bit when you're feeling down at home?

How about calling YLYV (1-800-448-3000) at times like that, or any time you'd like to talk, since they are available 24/7? I saw that you were thinking about giving them a call, so it may be a good night to do that!

No matter what, there is always someone that you can talk with! We are all here for you, and we really care!
    Last edited by Mandy_Moderator; 10-22-2015 at 04:14 PM.

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk

ReachOut Regular
    Hi Tyrone,
    I understand how you feel, my parents fight every day of my life and sometimes I feel angry, hurt, or even nothing. If the friends you say you lost are really your friends, you can tell them what your going through and if they are true friends, they will forgive you. As for being at home, find a pair of head phones and have music loud enough to block them out, or, you could ask them to sit down all together and tell them how you feel. Tell them how this is bothering you. I wish you luck

Quote Originally Posted by JlovesR View Post
    Hi Tyrone,
    I understand how you feel, my parents fight every day of my life and sometimes I feel angry, hurt, or even nothing. If the friends you say you lost are really your friends, you can tell them what your going through and if they are true friends, they will forgive you. As for being at home, find a pair of head phones and have music loud enough to block them out, or, you could ask them to sit down all together and tell them how you feel. Tell them how this is bothering you. I wish you luck
    Welcome to ReachOut JlovesR! We’re really glad to have you here!

I think it’s truly wonderful that you are here to offer care words and support. Your strength and kindness are two qualities that really shine. At the same time, I see that you’ve been going through a tough time with your parents fighting, and I can imagine that can be overwhelming at times. I want you to know that we’re here for you!

http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...rents-break-up
    http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...ing-strategies
    http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...meone-can-help

When you’re feeling these mix of emotions, it can be helpful to have activities or coping strategies to turn to. Things like music, art, and reading can be helpful as well as taking walks, dancing around your room, yoga, and talking with someone you trust. Is there someone in your life that you feel you can open up to? That may be a family member, trusted friend, or a trusted adult.

We’re all here for you, and we truly care!

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk