Thread: Help

Post Help

Recently I've started cutting myself. I just get so depressed that the thought of doing it won't go away. My boyfriend says he'll leave me if I keep doing it. He doesn't understand. He thinks I'm over-reacting. I have to try so hard not to do it but it's gotten to the point where I don't even care any more. I need to find ways of getting myself not to want to do it anymore. It's hard to do anything while I'm feeling this way because it's all I can think of. I always just end up going to my room and doing it and then I break down crying. I hate myself immediately after. I feel pathetic. Please help.

Hello G96,

It sounds like you're feeling so misunderstood and could really use someone to talk with. I saw in your other posts that you haven't been able to find someone to talk with yet. That's tough, really so sorry about that. I want you to know that you are not alone in this. We are all here for you, and we care!

I think it could be so helpful if you picked up the phone and called the helpline Your Life Your Voice tonight. It's free to call, confidential, and available 24/7 by dialing 1-800-448-3000. They have helped so many people, even right here on the forums. Will you make that call?

I can see that you're looking for some coping techniques, and I'm so glad to hear you say that you want that. A couple that I mentioned in my other response were journaling, and music (singing along with or listening to). Other things that you may find helpful are yoga, nature walks, jogging, dancing, or occupying yourself with redecorating your room, or reorganizing. The following fact sheets offer some additional information.

http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...rate-self-harm
    http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...ing-strategies

No matter what, there is always someone who cares! Stay strong, and keep holding on to the hope of brighter days; they're coming!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

ReachOut Regular
    You're not pathetic you're going through a really tough time and that's understandable. It's hard. Really hard. But if you keep doing this you will get more and more addicted. Please seek help or let us help you because that's the first step to take. One step at a time.

Thank you, I'm trying really hard to get past all this. It's taking a while and it's not easy at all but I'm trying.

Hello G96,

I really love to hear you say that you're trying. It shows what a wonderful strength you have in you. I believe in you, and further more, I believe that you are going to get through this!

I want you to know that we are here for you, no matter what! Stay strong, stay hopeful!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

Your defiantly not pathetic... It just seems that you are going through a rough patch in your life that you can over come... I once self harmed and i thought it wasn't going to get better but it did. And if your boyfriend isn't being supportive and helping you it seems like he isn't a good person... You need people to sit and listen to you and bring positivity into your life and your boyfriend doesn't seem like he is doing that...Please tell someone! Before your self harm turns into something big! I hope you get better and I want you to know that you can talk to be about anything thing! Feel better