Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Get Started

How to Get Started

GET STARTED IN THE REACHOUT FORUMS

Whatever you’re dealing with, you can connect you with others who understand in the ReachOut community here. This is the place where we share our struggles, our stories or whatever’s going on for us. It’s also where we help each other out and provide support, no matter what. For the good days, bad days and flat out shitty days, we’re here to help you get through.

-------------------------------------------- NEWBIES --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WE'RE GLAD YOU'RE HERE -----------

New to the forums? Jumping into a new community can feel a little confusing, so here's how to get going:

1. Register: Register in 2 mins to join the community and start your path to feeling better.
    2. Read: check the community guidelines & FAQs: Read the do’s and dont’s and find out how to add a profile pic, subscribe to threads or replying to a post.
    3. Say hi: ‘Introduce Yourself!’ - every newbie does it and this is one of the most welcoming online communities around! If you’re not sure what to say, visit 'How to introduce yourself’.
    4. Games: Play a game, share what you’re grateful for, or post a pic of something inspiring in Hanging Out & Games
    5. Listen to others: Not ready to post yet? Find someone else who’s struggling with the same thing and comment on their post. We've got loads of topics.

------------------------------------------------------ YEAH YEAH ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I GOT IT -------------------

Got a handle on all of that? Next steps for ReachOut Regulars who know their way around the forums:

1. Boost your title: Are you a Rookie, Champion, Hero or Legend? Learn more about climbing the ranks
    2. Ask an Expert: We’ve got a mental health expert on-hand to answer those tough questions that you can’t figure out on your own. Ask what's on your mind now.
    3. Get more responses: Read the top tips on how to write a post that will get more responses from the community.
    4. Friend people: you gotta give a little love to get some back, so remember to comment on other people’s post, or add a few friends. The good news is supporting other people feels good.

Any bright ideas or questions? We'd love to hear them. Email us at reachoutadmin@rousa.org
    Last edited by Bookworm; 04-29-2015 at 10:59 AM.

ReachOut Regular
    how do you edit your profile?

Quote Originally Posted by xxbeyoutifulxx View Post
    how do you edit your profile?
    Hey xxbeyoutifulxx! Most Qs are answered here in FAQ: http://us.reachout.com/forums/faq.php (which is also in the top left of this page).

This section might be most useful, or just scroll up after you log into the forums and hit 'my profile' in the top right.

That work? let me know if you have any more Qs!

ReachOut Regular Sky_Lost_Her_Sanity's Avatar
    Um how come theres no option for costimized pic? cause i looked through all the pics and thr arnt any anime/manga characters so i wanted to use my own pic but i cant... and i mean i would post the pic to show u but idk wht a url is ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_Lost_Her_Sanity View Post
    Um how come theres no option for costimized pic? cause i looked through all the pics and thr arnt any anime/manga characters so i wanted to use my own pic but i cant... and i mean i would post the pic to show u but idk wht a url is ;-;
    Hey Sky, Just because we'd have to moderate images if everyone could customize them. Sorry there's not many manga/anime ones - if you find one you want online, let us know and we can upload it as an option! Just email us the pic or URL of it at reachoutadmin@inspire.org

Hi! How long does it typically take to have a thread posted? I posted 3 in about 20 mins. One introduction and 2 questions in 2 different threads and they haven't popped up yet. Thanks.

I posted another thread and it's still not up....

Hello ForgottenSoul!

I'm so glad you've joined us here! Since the boards are pre-moderated, it may take a bit for your posts to show up, but this is to ensure the safety of all of the wonderful members here! This page has a bit more information about our forums if you'd like to take a look at that! http://us.reachout.com/forums/faqs

Welcome to ReachOut!
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

Maybe a little Scared?

I think I'm just sort of afraid of joining something like this as I've never done it before but I feel as though I need to connect with people who have the same issues that I do

hey lost in thought! i totally know what u mean! i joined a couple of weeks ago and i was a bit scared too, but it didnt take long before i realized how nice and helpful everyone here is! its awesome that ur here, its a great place to connect!

love, thalia

Hi. This is so new to me obviously. Maybe you can point me to the right direction of victims of sexual assault?

Quote Originally Posted by AJHunter View Post
    Hi. This is so new to me obviously. Maybe you can point me to the right direction of victims of sexual assault?
    Hi there, we actually do have some great resources on this topic. I don't know if this is for you or on behalf of someone else so I am including extra information below:

http://us.reachout.com/facts/factsheet/sexual-violence
    http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...ng-your-safety
    http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...e-relationship
    http://us.reachout.com/facts/factshe...rtner-violence

That first factsheet contains the contact information for RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network) http://www.rainn.org/. You can also utilize our own youth helpline Your Life Your Voice which is operated by Boys Town but for everyone, free, and available any time. The number for that is 1-800-448-3000.

I notice you didn't include many details in your post, and that's perfectly fine, we don't want you to feel pressured. But if you do want to talk to someone, I want you to know that we are here to listen. A hug for you and anyone who needs them.
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk

Hey everyone it's Broken Angel 2015 made a second account sense mine was giving me problems please add this name thank you

Hey, thanks for your reply I really appreciate it. <3 Do you know if there is a way to be notified when people reply to my threads or posts? Thanks!

Hello lost_in_thought!

Good question, it's great to stay informed on who is replying to your thread, and when! We've got a whole page dedicated to helping you navigate the settings and profile features! I'll copy and paste the information you're looking for below, but feel free to check out the rest of the features on that page!

In your User CP, there is a section under Settings & Options named 'Edit Options'

• Messaging & Notification - options include:
      • 'Receive Email' - whether or not you want to receive emails from other Members and administrators
      • 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' - how you want to be notified about new posts in threads to which you have subscribed

Last edited by Mandy_Moderator; 03-04-2015 at 05:12 PM.

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk

ReachOut Regular
    hi i am emaad from asia i hope i will enjoy with all of you

Thankyou I think I've got it now

ReachOut Regular
    Hello friends
    best regards.I am glad to be in this forum.It will be a great experience here.

ReachOut Peer Supporter Lightoflife9878's Avatar
    Hey adamm!

We are so glad that you have joined us here at the ReachOut forums! i really love your enthusiasm and optimism and we welcome you with open arms! Feel free to post another thread of your own in "New.. come on in" if you would like to introduce yourself there as well. Also feel free to jump in on any conversation that interests you throughout the forums.

We are here for you and are so looking forward to getting to know you. Let us know if you have any other questions on how to get started!

-Lightoflife9878

Hi I'm new. How do you comment on information pages? I saw comments on the suicidal help page and I was wondering how to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ek2001 View Post
    Hi I'm new. How do you comment on information pages? I saw comments on the suicidal help page and I was wondering how to comment.
    Hey ek2001! At the very bottom of the comments section on each page is a "login" or "register" button. Just click the appropriate one to leave a comment on that info page.

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk

ReachOut Regular
    Hi im katie

ReachOut Regular
    I did a thread at the intro page and I cant find it? O_O ~Alexx~

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicalAlexx View Post
    I did a thread at the intro page and I cant find it? O_O ~Alexx~
    Hello Alexx, and welcome to ReachOut!

All of the posts here are pre-moderated to ensure the safety of every member on the forum, therefore, you may see a delay from the time you make your post, and it appears. Your other thread can be found HERE. I hope this answers your question for you!

Have a great day!

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk

ReachOut Regular

What to do?

Hi I just joined and don't know what to do or how to make friends. Can anyone help?