Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Comment of the Week

Thumbs Up Comment of the Week

Hi everyone! "Comment of the Week" is where we spotlight a different forum members each week, who had written something super supportive, encouraging, or just made someone feel loads better.

We just want to give a little boost of <3 to those of you out there who go out of their way to help others in need, and are just generally a little bit amazing!

Check out the previous and current weeks below.

doublerainbow.jpg

Comment of the Week for 5-13-14:

Posted by DreamCatcher

"I think you are a great friend for taking your time to ask us what you should do to help a friend out. I think you should be there for your friend and yes it may be hard, but just being there to listen can make a big difference than not being there for her at all. Just be positive and always show her the bright side. Most of all, make sure you take care of yourself. If you cannot be happy with yourself then you cannot help others with your full potential. Stay healthy and be there for your friend when she needs you the most. Because your presence can make an impact in her life."

http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...ld-help-me-out

Last edited by Liz_ReachOut; 07-07-2014 at 06:41 AM.
    Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk
    -- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
    -- Trevor Project Trevorspace for LGBTQIA youth
    -- ReachOut Australia forums

Comment of the Week for 5-20-14:

Posted by postan

"I would say don't worry about what others think. They can think what ever they want to think and the bottom line is as long as your happy with how you spend your life working and making money is your choice. The good part is that your parents and boyfriend are in total support of what you want to do. Don't let the others bring you down or try to convince you to change your mind about something that is your passion."

Check out the post here: http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...r-a-job-choice

Note: The ReachOut Forums will be suspended after December 31, 2015. All existing threads and posts will still be available to read and review, but no new posts will appear. We hope to gain new funding, and be back soon, but in the meantime, here are some places where you can keep talking and get support:

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk

Comment of the Week for 5-27-14:

Posted by droidlife

"I'm sorry that you have these awful feelings, I too have had feelings of self doubt and worthlessness. I always try and take a walk outside or watch a funny movie to clear my mind of these thoughts. I also try and think about all of the good things in my life and think about all of my friends who would certainly disagree with me! Talking to someone helps as well, especially someone who has been through some of the things you've been through as well. Just remember that you are an amazing person, and no number can define you, as much as any college or company would like to convince you that they do. I really hope that things become better in your life and that you find some happiness. If you ever need anything, I'm here for you!"

Check out the post here: http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...where-to-begin

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk

Comment of the Week for 6-3-14:

Posted by heretohelp123

"Never feel like you're a waste of space! you were created for a reason and even if you can't find that reason now, it's there. There's always someone that cares that you're on earth. including me and everyone on this site. if you ever need someone to talk to, talk to me. Everyone goes through hard times, some more than others, but know that you're not alone and there is always someone going through the same thing as you and overcoming it. It's not impossible just try your hardest to stay positive. This too, as all things, shall pass, and your future will look very bright!"

Check out the post here: http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...546-Im-downing
    Last edited by Liz_ReachOut; 07-07-2014 at 06:42 AM.

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk

Comment of the Week for 6-10-14:

This week's "comment of the week" is a little different. We're featuring posts by a user who has devoted a lot of time to supporting ReachOut members, and we thought it would be fun to showcase a few of their posts over their history here on the forums. Below you'll find a small selection and you're encouraged to check out the posts for context and to find more posts by the author.

unknownwriter has been here on the forums for awhile now, and has continually been a supportive beacon who provides not just support, but truths and personal experiences as well. Thank you for being such a great contributor and we hope you continue to do so!

"I don't mind the long read. You went through a lot in your life, but in the end did not let what you went through drag you down. That itself inspires me. No matter how tough life gets, we need to remain strong and always look to the bright side of things."

http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...ll=1#post58338

"You are not a failure. I know how it feels to have everyone channel their anger at you for no apparent reason and do all they can to hurt you. It happened to me in elementary school. In third grade, everyone made friends and excluded me, and then within a few weeks made me the official bullying target. It only got worse in fourth grade, cuz it got so bad no one would even talk to me without making fun of me. During that time i felt the same way. I thought i was doomed to a future of pain and suffering. Life may seem like hell, but trust me, it will get better. Someday your pain will lessen, your oppressors will back down, and life will take a turn for the better. You just need to try to have a positive attitude, no matter what you go through, cuz when that time comes, if you still can only see the bad side of things, you won't see the good things in life because your negativity will blind you. My negativity blinded me for over half a year. I wasted all that time being sad and angry when i could have lived a happier life. Don't make the same mistake i did."

http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...ll=1#post57975

"You'll find the right girl soon enough! If you have been hurt before, you should be able to notice signs that a girl is not the one for you. Girls can be mean, but don't let bad treatment from them bring you down. Be yourself! If you are shy, be shy and proud that you are. If a girl can't accept you for who you are, she is not worthy of your attention. With that in mind, live your life, and whatever happens, know that in the end you are not just living to make everyone else happy, but yourself too."

http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...ll=1#post54778

"People who make you better. Tell you the right thing to do, even if you don't wanna hear it. Tell you the truth. Stick up for you. Someone who is reliable. That is a friend."
    http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...ll=1#post56867

"I kinda know how you feel with the whole hiding in a book situation. In elementary school i was bullied by just about everyone at school. My life was living hell. The one thing that kept me sane was reading. I would do my hw, study, and whatever else i had to do and then read. If i could not read, i would daydream about a reality where life was actually happy and people actually cared about me. I know how if feels to be put down and have no way to escape a harsh reality. You are not facing this alone. You have the reachout community as support and me. if you ever want to talk, just post a message."
    http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...ll=1#post56588

"Times will get better. I know things seem bad, but keep the faith. Like a rainbow comes after rain, sunshine will return to your life."
    http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...ll=1#post25647

who-is-awesome.jpg
    Last edited by Liz_ReachOut; 07-07-2014 at 06:38 AM.

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk

Comment of the Week for 6-17-14:

This week we have another all-around superstar of support! Below you'll find some great comments by takethesebrokenwingsandlearntofly who has a knack for knowing just what to say when someone needs to hear something encouraging, respectful, and kind. Thank you for your contributions! Keep being awesome!

"It's not forever. It feels like it will be, but I promise it's not. You can get through this! Give yourself the little victories, make a sticker chart if you have to. You'll have good days and bad days...sometimes the bad days will be smushed together for longer period of time and other days will be easier. But it's okay to have bad days from time to time. Just know that you can get through them!"
    http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...s-this-forever

"You're young and still have time to develop your sexual orientation. Believe it or not, you're not the same sexual orientation your whole life: you are allowed to have a fluctuating sexuality. If you prefer the label bi over straight, then you can use that label for right now and use a different one if you feel your sexual identity changes."
    http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...?49807-Am-I-bi

"Having bad days is always a part of the process. I haven't had a seriously rough patch in my depression for years, but I will have bad days from time to time. You have to do whatever works for you. For me, I can't be alone when I have my bad days, or my thought process spirals. But if you need to be alone on your bad days and be alone! You have to do what helps you! Good luck! I believe in you! "
    http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...Trying-my-best

"Sometimes, as much as it hurts to see someone we love hurting like that, we just have to roll with it. You can't prevent her from feeling sad, but you can ask her what she needs if she's feeling sad. It's good to see that you care about her a lot!"
    http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...with-depresion

"Just remember that you are not your depression and you are not your skin condition. You're stronger than you think, and definitely stronger than any person who would abandon you for your skin condition. You are the hero of your own story! You can do it!"
    http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...Idk-what-to-do

superstar.jpg
    Last edited by Liz_ReachOut; 07-07-2014 at 06:38 AM.

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk

Comment of the Week for 6-24-14:

Check out these amazing and supportive posts by Jaden this week! What a warm and considerate way with words, and Jaden never fails to express that when replying to other members of the ReachOut community. These comments are part of what makes ReachOut such an awesome place, thank you Jaden and keep being you! Because you're super!

"Hey, browncoat. Do you have a different religion you consider yourself a part of? I know you said you aren't Catholic and that is why you don't want to go to church. That makes sense to me (and probably a lot of people) but what I think you should try to do is find a counterargument to why your mother is forcing you to go to church. It doesn't matter what you believe in, but when discussing this issue with your mother you should elaborate on your reason for not wanting to go. Come up with a list of reasons why you disagree with her, but make sure you are respectful about it. Then ask to sit down with her and talk about the issue calmly and respectfully. If either of you become disrespectful, I would suggest taking a break and coming back to the issue so that it doesn't get out of hand. Good luck."
    http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...om-vs-religion

"Hey, Gaby. Try writing a letter to her. You don't need to give it to her. But writing down how you feel (angry, confused, how you miss her) can also help you sort out your thoughts. I once wrote a letter to my brother, but didn't give it to him. It helped me forgive him for everything he did to me and my family. Perhaps the first step for you is to let yourself forgive her, but not necessarily outright tell her. My advice is to ease into it and start taking small steps in the right direction. Good luck."
    http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...49880-Should-I

"Hey, Perfect Imperfections! I love your name - it says so much with only two words. Here's how I interpret your name: First "imperfections" - all our insecurities and faults. Everything we are ashamed of and wish was different. The things we think make us bad or worthless or ugly. Then "Perfect" - accepting who we are. Being okay with it and acknowledging that everything, whether physical or not, that is a part of us makes us who we are. Not worthless or bad or ugly, but important and good and beautiful because that is who we are. Susie's right. Nearly every female struggles with self-image, probably everybody at least once in their life. I still struggle with self-image. People tell me I'm small and I acknowledge that I am short, but I don't feel small. I think, "I should be 10 pounds lighter". I even used to ration my food - only eating when absolutely necessary, like before gymnastics practice. But now I realize that even though it'd be nice to lose some weight, my size doesn't make me who I am. While I still struggle with my imperfections, I'm okay with them. And I think that that is what, "perfect imperfections" means.

I know you aren't there yet, but someday you will be. Welcome to the forums. It's great to have you."

http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...ating-disorder

"Hey, Abby! Welcome to the forums. I love it here and I hope you will too.

I know what it's like to struggle with self-harm and depression and there are many other members who know as well. Recovery isn't easy, but it isn't impossible. Whenever I get the urge I make sure to find a distraction or be around people (even though I don't feel like it) so that I don't harm myself. I actually really enjoy puzzles - it's a somewhat mindless activity (so you can watch tv or a movie while working on the puzzle) and it keeps your hands busy. The helpline Mandy mentioned is also helpful. You can do this."

http://us.reachout.com/forums/showthread.php?50024-New!

Last edited by Liz_ReachOut; 07-07-2014 at 06:39 AM.

-- Your Life Your Voice
    -- Ok2Talk

Comment of the week 7 July 2014
    This week, kudos goes to...Star and Sky!Star and Sky joined ReachOut in May of this year and since then has written over 30 points, well on her way to passing ReachOut Rookie status! She is always super supportive to other members and here are just a few of the ways she does it:

"Hi Leona, first, I want to welcome you, since I haven't yet. Personally, even if I can't concentrate on reading or writing, I still do it and go over what I had read or written later, or I let myself get lost in my own world that I have made for myself. A happy place, if you will. That's just me, not much, but it helps a little, and it's nice to be able to express yourself, even if it never gets seen or heard ".

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" - James Dean
    "A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work." - Colin Powell
    Personally, I think it would be nice if dreams did become reality through magic. That would be awesome lol

Hi, Whitetiger! I love your name! I'm so sorry that you have a hard time with friends. I seriously hate when that happens, too. But I will tell you this, there are people that will stay in your life and be true friends.

I agree on the music, it's helped me through quite a few tough spots when I didn't even know about this website. There's nothing better than listening to your favorite music when you're feeling down I like a lot of different music, to name a few artists: Linkin Park, Sara Bareilles, Demi Lovato, and Superchick. I've found myself listening to Superchick a lot recently, especially if I'm having another bad day.

Uh, this is pretty awesome, right?! Star and Sky, thanks for spreading the love. A little like this:

Comment(s) of the week 14 July 2014
    This week, our comment of the week, goes to...Droidlife!

• "Try and think more positively about yourself as well, even though I know it can be difficult. You are a great person and you deserve to feel good about yourself! If you need anything, I'm here for you!"
    • "I remember when I called the Youth Hotline for the first time. I was really nervous, but they were extremely helpful and understanding. I felt a lot better after calling and helped me get through some tough times."
    • "Hello WorkUndone, You are an incredible, beautiful person! Don't let anyone tell you anything else!"
    • "I'm sorry that you have to go through this tough decision, and I could understand why this would be really stressful."
    • "Like people on this thread have said before, talking about your emotions con really help. Is there anything that you enjoy doing (hobbies, sports, etc)? Sometimes pursuing things that you like doing can help you feel like you have a purpose and can take your mind off these thoughts."

Droidlife joined the forums a couple of months ago in late June and has been a pillar of support ever since. Just look at some of the awesome things they've said to other members who need a boost!

@Droidlife, you are awesome and so valued here! Keep posting

Last edited by Liz_ReachOut; 07-14-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Comment of the week Jul 21st
    This week, comment of the week goes to one of our newest members, MissAnna!

She has brought her humor and positivity to the forums alongside an amazing writing style and incredible thoughtfulness. Below are just a sample of her creativity, insight and support to others:

Wow. Thats so beautiful (you should change your profile name to 'wanted' because i cannot imagine someone not wanting to be loved by a heart like yours)

Dear kirito15, You are not alone here...So focus on yourself and growing as an individual while also connecting with others. You never know what might happen

I hope that I can find people I can open up with and eventually share good news with, but that i can also be that person for anyone else here. I hope I can restore my faith in the universe, and myself. I also hope that if I can't let go of any of it, I can take the pain and turn it into something exquisite.

Airbrushed dreams
    Im a movie junky. I cant do dishes without replaying downton abbey or check email without looking up movies new and old. Theyre my escape. But hollywood has a habit of painting up the truth.
    Struggling writers always have flawless hair and designer clothes. Couples can do it for hours in a hot tub without pruning and any bad boy is Gregory Peck in torn jeans.
    This is the realtruth. It takes a months wages to buy those manolo heels. People are lucky if sex lasts an hour (and thats out of water) and often the wounded mystery boys arent worth it. I fell for one once, he put my heart in a blender and hit frappe.

The directors and writers are trying to sell tickets and give us stories and characters we will love. They continuously enchant me with stories of princesses who were rescued by their prince and adventures finding seemingly ordinary people. But sometimes I feel like some of the most popular movies are teaching us to believe things should happen a certain way when they rarely do. You can pull off anything so long as your extremely attractive. Life will find you even if you spend most of your time staring into a computer screen. You can help the one you love change even if he hurts you...

Often I think my life is messed up when I look at how it looks on tv and especially in other people who seem to have it all. Im happy for my friends who do. And push myself not hate others who also are. Hmhm. But hey. We all want the same thing. We all want to live in the sun and have someone to share that glory with.

... Even when it takes a bit longer for others, we have some pretty beautiful and heartbreaking moments that make the journey all the more memorable. We just need to decide what works for us (regardless of what so and so from hottiewood did,) realize our own strengths (we all have em) and learn how to improve them while sharing them with others and picture what we want to remember years from now when we are in wheelchairs on oxygen watching our grandkids take their first steps toward adulthood. Maybe its better not to have a plan. But we should listen to those who never stop wanting the best for us. Not be afraid to walk alone, even if it'll hurt. Be our own person. And dance to our own tune.
    --
    We're so happy to have you here in the forums MissAnna and looking forward to reading more of your work and getting to know you.

Attached Images Attached Images

Comment of the week Jul 28th

This week, comment of the week isn't necessarily one of our most recent comments, but it goes to one of our longest-standing members, Kelly Ann
    !!

This is one of her old posts:
    "I just gotta find the things that make me happy, and chase them. im no longer entirely suffocated by depression, and Im able to recignise what I want out of life and chase it. im saving up money right now to go to tattoo school ( I do tattoos) and hopefuly be able to get out of here
    thankyou for your support!"

And one that will go down in history as totally awesome:

"thankyou so much everyone! your kind words mean everything to me! that's all I needed to hear. im making a change, im going to get better, and I WILL get better. youre all right, im here for a reason. Im not going to give up so easily, that's not me. Over the past 2 days ive made some changes, and ive said some things I needed to say. Im making peace with my past, and im eager to better myself everyday. I think im starting to find myself again. I have a small ounce of hope in me, and that's the most ive had in a long time! This might have been my hardest fall yet, but I WILL find a way out. I don't give up like that. You guys helped knock some sense into me. I guess I just needed to be heard, and understood. You guys were there and I couldn't thankyou enough. Im going to start saying what I need to say and saying what I want to say, ive learned that it really helps! I plan on telling my parents really soon, I don't know how but I know I have to to get the help I need. im going to see a therapist soon too, and try to get justice for the rape. Every day I will struggle to make myself a better, more positive person. I owe you guys so much! sorry I havnt been around in forever, I kinda fell off the face of the earth for a while, but im back! > and if its the last thing I do, I will find myself and be ME again. I really hope whoever reads this who is struggling with depression or anything at all right now gets some sort of inspiration off of this. Ive been around the block a few times, and I know how it is. It cant rain forever, and if it seems like forever, kick that damn storm out! this is YOUR life, and its what you make it! so make the very best of it! <3 much love to everyone! "

That one makes me feel so happy every time I read it!

We miss you Kellyann- let's us know how you're doing

Comment of the week Aug 4th!

This week, comment of the week goes to Danaye! She joined the forums last month and is already at 25 posts! [/B][B]Danaye has shown her strength here in the forums through her own struggles and also through helping others:

"Songbird, Your story I so inspiring to me."

"MarTlga, Call the helpline and talk to someone. They really do make you feel comfortable. I know from experience."

"Hello rach so happy you found this place and I hope you feel comfortable here and look to us for support in dealing with your situation"

"The best things I did to ignore my classmate were every morning I woke up for school was to tell myself that today is going to be a good day no matter what"

"I'm hear to tell you that you need to say "okay time out "."I have to see about myself first worry about me and only me at the moment." Don't bottle all those emotions up because it is not good in the long run. TAKE TIME FOR YOU!"

She also started this awesome discussion about role models which turned into a blog on the ReachOut.com website!

who is your role model and why?

I know that everyone goes through tough times as well as good times. I know that there is someone in your life that you look up to or try.

This week, our comment of the week is from a brand new user, collinsje09, who decided to bring his positivity, wisdom and energy for helping other people to the forums- we're loving it!

"New to the scene and full of optomism Hey ladies and gents my name is Joshua. I just joined this site for multiple reasons: 1) Sometimes I feel like no one understands me and I am sure there are others who feel the same way; I am here to open up and listen to anyone who needs it and I hope that can be reciprocated, 2) Sometimes it is a good thing to just vent your feelings without worry of offending someone or being judged by others, and 3) I finally want to be able to let my guard down with other people who may come into my life so that I can once again be the person that I know I am To everyone on this site, if you ever have a problem that you need help on or need someone to listen to, I am here. I will try to help everyone that I can because I believe the only way we can help ourselves, is to help everyone else first!"

Say hi to Joshua here!

Thanks for teaching us to:

This week, our comment of the week Aug 18th is from Icechild who moved from a very dark place, to somewhere where they could see a silver lining. Icechild, you are a brave soul and your words have encouraged and inspired others to get help and make it through:

"Thank you all for all your kind and supportive words. I feel very loved and I feel that people really do care...Thank you to everyone who responded to my posts and kept giving me positive, reassuring, and uplifting posts. I also thank everyone for trying to help, as it all payed off. Tomorrow I will be seeing the doctor to set things straight, and begin the journey to heal and finally get out of this dark mess. I feel like I'm finally starting to climb the highest mountain to reach the setting sun, only to look below and see the beautiful view of all my accomplishments and determination to get out of it, and especially marvel at all the support I am getting here. I will finally begin the journey starting tomorrow, so I may not be posting back here in a while because I will be getting all the help I finally need. Even if it is scary, nothing pays off more then finally getting out of this slump to finally feel the love and joy I truly deserve. Onwards I go!"

Comment of the week is RicanSurvivor whose relentless positivity, enthusiasm and caring nature continues to amaze us all! This is his latest post:

This Goes Out To Everyone

"Hey everyone!
    I'm still fairly new to reachout and as I read different topics in the forums it really does sadden my heart to see how much a lot of people are really hurting inside, it also gets me angry to see in some people's stories they describe how people tease, bully or make them feel like a "freak" because they are going through whatever they're going through. Just remember no matter what your going through no matter what anyone tells u or says YOU are a fantastic individual no matter if you are gay, straight, bi, male or female, young or old, or race. Nothing is impossible if you dream it you can do it! Never let anyone tell you that you cant! Also never let anyone belittle any of your problems anything that affects you mentally, emotionally or physically needs to be addressed immediately no matter how big or small a problem may be. Nothing is worth jeopardizing you're happiness! Try and stay focused everyone I know it can be hard but I know you guys can do it! You'll have your good and bad days like we all do. What separates us from others is the ones that gave up and the ones that fell but got right back up =) keep showing the world you're smile! I guarantee you eventually you'll give the world no choice but to smile back"

http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...ut-To-Everyone

Comment of the week is Dragonrider who has been struggling with anxiety and depression, and despite it all, has found a way to take control, make some big decisions and share her positivity with the forums!

"Thank you for the replies Mandy and Rose. I have considered the pros and cons, and I have reached a decision. I am going to take my courses this year online. My goal is to return to traditional school for my junior year. I had a good dream last night, which is the first time that that has happened in a long time. I think it is because I am taking control. I have realized that I am not stuck. There are other paths I can take, and I am step closer to getting better. Your kind words have helped me keep going. "

Here's to taking control! Whoot!

Thank you! I really needed to see/hear that. This is the kind of inspiration I was looking for. I have a group of positive entrepreneurial people posting on network in live feed who also tries to inspire others (and me). But none of it is as rock solid as this. I'll definitely keep this in mind, thanks again...

This week, Mon 8 Sept, comment of the week goes to a new member whose first few posts have all been to support other brand new members... welcome Tia to the forums!

Hey!! I wish you know how amazingly brave you are.. I think I broke down just reading your story. For you to be so brave to face life everyday is AWESOME. Being quite and shy is not wrong, just remember your smile is what matters the most What do you love doing the most? Dance, paint, figuring out how things work?? figure out what makes you happy and see what professions relate to that, then do a search on schools that teach in that field and remember to look for scholarships. I hope you know you're no burden, and that you seem like the person who will brave all odds to make a success a story!! Stay Strong!
    HI Amber! I am Tia you're doing great by reaching out.. I wish you make great friends around here and life, who will always remind you of how awesome you are. I could advise you to write one good thing about yourself everyday, and remember to smile in the mirrow (I can bet you have a pretty smile). Also watch friends, community, fresh prince of bel air.. avoid supernatural ;P Anyway, I hope you have an amazing day too!! Stay strong girl!
    We think you're awesome too Tia! Thanks for being a part of the community here and giving support to others that need it We appreciate you.

Comment of the week goes to... Pegasus! Love the optimistic, upbeat and supportive tone of this response to another forum member:

"Step out of that comfort zone, surprising things could happen. Just having an open mind can go a long way and what you are feeling is completely normal. Good luck and i hope you enjoy the rest of your semester!" (pegasus93)
    Loving the support

Thank you soo much!

You are so welcome

And comment of the week this week goes to new user MIAMO! Miamo joined earlier this year and has been posting regularly since then. Here is a wonderful piece of insight that they gave to a new user:

Finding your sexuality needs time and exploration! Sexuality is complicated when we try really hard to find our sexuality, but at the same time it is also very simply: just love who you love! It doesn't matter who you've loved before. The more important thing is who you are really attracted to.

Another thing I can say is… don’t worry over a label. I know it helps in finding out who you are and defining it, but the thing is… it’s restrictive. I’ve been though lots of labels (straight, bi, lesbian, bi again, pansexual (which is my go to for a short explanation)) but have settled on queer. I mean it’s kind of an adorable sounding word and it takes the pressure off to a degree. You’ll have room to change and figure yourself out without committing to a big label. Just don’t push yourself towards anything or try to figure it all out too quickly. There’s no rush and it often is a lifelong journey. Good luck! (miamo)
    Absolutely love this heart felt response - thanks for sharing your experience and hard-earned wisdom with us

Love this quote from new member unForgiven who has shared some of her hard earned wisdom in this message for everyone:

I am new here but I feel I have something to say to everyone here. To everyone who is hurting inside, to those who feel lost, to those who are tired and feel they can’t go on, to those who feel they will not be missed or feel are not worth a thing. And my message is this: YOU are worth more than the whole entire world. More than gold, silver, or anything on this planet. Cheesy, I know, but just hear me out. Your life is a precious thing. A beautiful thing. You are unique, different than any other person and so very special. You may not know it but you offer the world something, your presence is a very gift to everyone around you because no one can be you. I want everyone to know, that if you are dealing with suicide, self harm, depression, hopelessness or anything that you feel is tearing you apart… That there is hope and a light at the end of the tunnel. I want you to know that no matter how distant you seem, you are not alone. When we find ourselves in dark times its hard to see much but if you turn on the light you would be surprised to see all who is walking with you. (unForgiven)
    Respond here: http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...u-ARE-Worth-It

This week, comment of the week goes to member Heyitsme, for coming up with this amazing idea in the self harm/suicide section around inspirations sayings:

Quote Originally Posted by heyitsme View Post
    Hi guys! I hope you all are doing okay! I thought it would be good if we had a thread for the sayings that keep us going. I guess I'll start!

Don't sweat the small stuff, it's all small stuff!

This saying is what I live by, and whenever my anxiety is getting bad, I think about it! I hope to see some other sayings soon! Stay Strong
    Want to add your ideas? http://us.reachout.com/forums/showth...tional-Sayings