Thread: I dont understand what's wrong with me. I get depressed randomly & this stresses me

Question I dont understand what's wrong with me. I get depressed randomly & this stresses me

There is days i don't want to go to school or talk to anyone. Everyone annoys me and irritates me in these days i feel like no one understands me. I've tryed telling my mother about the way i feel & she ignored my situation. Can anyone Help?......

Hi pink! I'm sorry that you're feeling this way, and I want you to know that you are not alone. Sometimes we all just have what I call "blah" days, but if they are persistent, it might be time to talk to someone like a school counselor or teacher.
    Things are going to get better for you!

I think you'll find this fact sheet helpful. Remember, we're here for you!
    Read the Community Guidelines.
    Do you have a suggestion to make our forums even better? Visit the Suggestion Box.

Hey pink15, there are millions of people out there in the world that know exactly what you are going through. I for one understand! If you feel like your mother is ignoring you, maybe she just doesn't know the right thing to say. Don't be scared to talk to someone about this, like a counselor that can help you in a tough time. If you ever feel like you are in a slump, make a list of the top 10 things that make you happy and do them one at a time to remember how these feelings felt before. Maybe try something new. Don't give up! <3

ReachOut Peer Supporter seattledreams-'s Avatar
    I can totally relate to you. I used to feel like this sometimes at school too. Has anything major happened recently that may have caused you to feel this way towards others?

Hey there pink! I'll try my best to help. I've been through depression on and off through the years. Some days I just wanted to sit and stare into space. Normal comments that people would make would just make me cringe on the inside. My parents and friends were focused on their own lives, so I didn't get too much help with it. After awhile I found a few coping mechanisms. When it comes to other people, I try imagine the best possible reason anyone would have for saying what they do. Maybe they were having a bad day, and just needed to vent. It was simple, but it helped me get less angry at everyone. Also, I found a hobby so I reduced the time that I spent in my own head. When you are feeling particularly emotional, talk to someone who will listen (Including people on this site). It'll help you deal with sadness in a much for positive manner, and get feedback which will make you feel more at peace. If you have anything in particular that's depressing you don't be hesitant to post here. Hope you feel better. Here for ya

Hey pink,
    I know how frustrating it can be when depression takes over your life. It feels like there is a dark cloud that follows you wherever you go. The good thing is, there is hope! You don't have to live in the grips of depression. There are lots of therapies and techniques for overcoming the depressive episodes. I know it might seem impossible at the point where you are at now, but I promise you things can and will get better. If your mom doesn't take your issues seriously, try talking to someone who can help you. A therapist or trusted adult can make a big difference. Don't give up hope, and don't surrender to the depression. You are a strong person, and you will get through this. If you need to talk to someone right aaway, please call BoysTown. They will listen and help you through whatever you're going through.
    Also, don't think that no one understands you, because all of us here do! We know what it is like to go through tough times, and we will help you through it!
    <3

We are all here to help you, how often do these days occur? Every day? Once a week? Once a month? Do you see a counselor? If not, you can always go see your school counselor, they are there to help you, especially if you are feeling overwhelmed at school. A lot of us here are struggling as well, you are not alone, we love that you have come to talk to us, keep posting, we want to help you!

ReachOut Peer Supporter MindfulWarrior's Avatar
    We are at the age that everything usually bothers us. It could be some irritability going on or moods that we can or other people can't stand... I usually list a few things that might make me irritable and depressed usually when I take care of them I become more relaxed and aware of my actions it's all in positive thinking and training yourself to think what's best rather than what can possibly go wrong.., hope this advice brings some clarity

ReachOut Peer Supporter california_love's Avatar
    Hey pink15

I know how you feel there are days when I wake up and everything bothers me I have those days when I start crying for no reason. But I think it is just part about growing up and sometimes we feel happy sometimes we dont. But you are not alone in this a lot of people feel this way. Have you tried talking about it with someone? But remember that we are here for you and you can come talk to us when you are having those days!

ReachOut Peer Supporter AmiableRose's Avatar
    Hey pink15, you've come to a good place for help. Sometimes people don't understand what we're going through, making it harder for them to help. There are however a ton of people on and off the forums who have or are dealing with the way you feel too. Have you talked to a school counselor about how you feel? That may be a good person to talk to about how things are going. You aren't alone pink15, you got us for support. Hang in there!