Thread: People don't understand those with Asperger's Syndrome.

ReachOut Pro

Angry People don't understand those with Asperger's Syndrome.

Hello there my name is Chris i am a 25 year old college student. Who is living and has been living his whole life with Asperger's Syndrome. If you don't know what it is seriously do some research. i grew up with a single mother who divorced my father who has bipolar disorder(I hope my Dad dies). Thankfully i don't have it,otherwise i'd kill myself cause another version of my dad being me. No fucking way.

anyway I grew up with a single struggling mother who loves me dearly, and was tired all of the time. I didn't have any actual father figures growing up. I've had many social issues with people. In fact as a child my main coping mechanism was VIDEO GAMES. It then shifted towards Japanese Anime,and now I don't know where.

I've also been supressing my emotions for so many years. I remember where it all began was when I was 9 years old. I was crying feeling sad about how I didn't have a DAD around. the kids around me laughed. The tears of pain grew into RAGE by the time I was 13. I've been supressing my ability to cry around people. Only very few times have I been able to cry in recent years. People don't understand that with those who supress their emotions they tend to have their ANGER show out more than usual. I don't always want to be this angry, heck i don't give a fuck what you people say. I'm a virgin, and you know what if you have a problem then go FUCK YOURSELF.

I've had relationship problems with my former ex-GF who also has Asperger's Syndrome. She called me too clingy, but can you blame a guy like me who's never really had people stick in his life for long periods of time.
    I have one last final thing to say, and don't you dare call 911 or anything. I've made a self vow that if i'm not married or laid by my 30th b-day then i'll buy a GUN and [...]. I'm only deperessed because I feel that my life is not completely under my control.

You've posted that last bit a few times today, which is sort of interesting. I wonder if you really want a reaction to that. I'll suggest (again!) that you give Boys Town a call -- 1-800-448-3000-- and also suggest that you read this fact sheet about treatment options for depression. Of course, I'm not a doctor, but you said you're depressed. It just seems like you really need some answers. I hope you can find them soon.

ReachOut Peer Supporter sippinsmiles's Avatar
    I agree with you. A lot of people may know of Autism and Asperger's Syndrome, but they don't really KNOW about it. I know it's been hard and I'm sorry kids laughed at you when you were a kid. Just keep in mind that they were just kids and they didn't understand what you were going through. I have to admit that I didn't know much about autism until my nephew, who I love to death, was diagnosed with it. He's two and a half. His mom/my sister has bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. His dad isn't a part of his life either. As he gets older, I worry about him. I'm in college right now, but I hope to go back home after I graduate to take care of him and his older brother, who is turning 8 next year. Coming from someone that has gone through life with Asperger's Syndrome, do you have any advice you could pass on to me? Or maybe you can just tell me about yourself...yeah? Did you know your dad? You think not having him in your life affected you emotionally? Sorry so many questions and of course, don't feel compelled to answer.

But hey, I think it's good that you posted about Asperger's. Not a lot of people are aware and I definitely agree that more should be. =) Take care of yourself and I hope to hear from you..
    Last edited by sippinsmiles; 07-10-2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Added a few lines

I have a close friend who has struggled with autism his whole life. He told me as a child doctors told him he would never live a normal life and yet I wouldn't have known he was autistic if he hadn't told me. His opinions provided a different perspective to social situations but he is normal to me.

I also have a close friend whose father has aspergers. Though I feel he deals with social situations differently then I would, I feel part of that is because his native language is not the same as mine.

All I have to say on the matter (and yes, I read your whole post) is that I treat people with aspergers or autism like I treat any other person, and in my opinion for most if not all people seeing a psychiatrist. If there is a fundamental reason why you are unhappy with your life, then I feel you should explore that with someone who can help you understand it better, just as I do.

ReachOut Pro
    I feel as though you won't judge or criticize me for being me. I'm 25 years old and a junior college student. I've been going to college since I was 19, and well I'm at a point in my life i'm considering quitting school. I've found out that despite my Asperger's Syndrome that I can enlist into the MILITARY. I want to get in cause I can work again,and take a break from school.

i feel conflicted as If I should let my biological Father become a part of my life. My dad has Manic Depression, I however have not been diagnosed with it. People have thought that I get angry for no reason. this is not true at all. Especially when my guy friends go on and on and on about how they got laid. I remember one time 3 months ago my friend came back 1 hour later tired. My friend Connor said "what are you tired". My friend Adam said " yeah I got laid". I said shut the fuck up. My friend Connor was not pleased ,and he knows that I'm a virgin.

Not to be mean, but i'm considering starting up and taking over some country in the World and making my own personal Nation only for those with "Asperger's Syndrome". American society laughs at us, and doesn't accept us. then we deserve a country of our own. I'm tired of you neurotypical people with no disorders treating me like shit. What do I have to do, make all of you learn by FORCE. I don't like doing that, and why should I accept everyone else who doesn't understand. Other people with Asperger's Syndrome like me accept themselves into Society. Why should I accept when I should have my country titled ASPERGIA. God why do I feel like Magneto from X-Men who wanted Mutants to be accepted, and grew to hate humans.

To all my friends who go on and on and on about getting laid. I just want to get laid so I can say yeah I got laid now "SHUT YOU FUCKING MOUTH". There are certain topics that bring out my anger and FURY. Sex is one of them.

ReachOut Pro
    SOCIETY has to learn to accept those that are different like me "ASPERGER's SYNDROME" isn't a joke I have this. I was born with this, what do most of you who don't have it understand. You could never understand what i've felt. If I have to I will FORCE everyone in the world to accept us. I'm tired of waiting for the WORLD TO ACCEPT THOSE THAT ARE DIFFERENT. Why should I open my heart to those who don't understand let alone comprehend and even care.

ReachOut Peer Supporter AmiableRose's Avatar
    Hey internationalgamer1986, I agree with you in the sense that society is terrible at accepting others. People don't understand what others go through and just judge without truly knowing.

To me, it seems that you just have a lot of conflicting feelings within: about your dad, about your friends,about dealing with the syndrome and depression, about wanting to make people care, seeing how others treat you. Maybe if you step back and deal with things bit by bit instead of all at once, it can help calm your anger. Holding in so many emotions and feeling that no one will understand you is hurting you a lot.

I know society sucks at accepting those that are different, but that doesn't mean everyone is that way. You group everyone together because you feel everyone is attacking you and others that have Asperger's Syndrome. You have to realize though that there are people out in the world that will accept you, even if it's hard to believe. If there was more awareness about the syndrome, then people would understand.

No, I have not experienced what you have gone through, but maybe what you need is to find a way to let some of those feelings out so that you don't feel like you are going to explode. Is there anything that you can do at the moment that can get your mind off of what you are dealing with? It's hard to deal with things when you feel the world is against you, but you have to find a way to push through.

Quote Originally Posted by internationalgamer1986 View Post
    I feel as though you won't judge or criticize me for being me. I'm 25 years old and a junior college student. I've been going to college since I was 19, and well I'm at a point in my life i'm considering quitting school. I've found out that despite my Asperger's Syndrome that I can enlist into the MILITARY. I want to get in cause I can work again,and take a break from school.

i feel conflicted as If I should let my biological Father become a part of my life. My dad has Manic Depression, I however have not been diagnosed with it. People have thought that I get angry for no reason. this is not true at all. Especially when my guy friends go on and on and on about how they got laid. I remember one time 3 months ago my friend came back 1 hour later tired. My friend Connor said "what are you tired". My friend Adam said " yeah I got laid". I said shut the fuck up. My friend Connor was not pleased ,and he knows that I'm a virgin.

Not to be mean, but i'm considering starting up and taking over some country in the World and making my own personal Nation only for those with "Asperger's Syndrome". American society laughs at us, and doesn't accept us. then we deserve a country of our own. I'm tired of you neurotypical people with no disorders treating me like shit. What do I have to do, make all of you learn by FORCE. I don't like doing that, and why should I accept everyone else who doesn't understand. Other people with Asperger's Syndrome like me accept themselves into Society. Why should I accept when I should have my country titled ASPERGIA. God why do I feel like Magneto from X-Men who wanted Mutants to be accepted, and grew to hate humans.

To all my friends who go on and on and on about getting laid. I just want to get laid so I can say yeah I got laid now "SHUT YOU FUCKING MOUTH". There are certain topics that bring out my anger and FURY. Sex is one of them.
    Hey Chris,

I'm also a junior in college. You only have one more year, you should just finish and then join the military, if you still want to after.

Why do you feel conflicted about your father? Did he recently decide to pop into your life?
    There's nothing wrong with manic depression/bipolar disorder. Honestly, I think I may have it. My sister has it and it's hereditary, it only needs a trigger. I've had a lot happen in my past and I think all the traumatic events have triggered it. I have my ups and downs, but I'm trying hard to control them. Counseling definitely helps. My therapist is awesome. =)

Your friends are idiots. How do you know they're even having sex? And if they are, how do you know they're any good at it? I bet they're only rubbing it in your face b/c they know you haven't tried it and you react to it (by getting mad). They're just trying to make you jealous! Honestly, they probably totally suck at it.. or suffer from erectile dysfunction or are TINY. Hahaha You should tell them that next time they try to rub sex in your face and see what they say.

Not all of society is laughing at those with Asperger's. Like AmiableRose said, not everyone is like that. Don't let the few ruin it for everyone. Countries are hard to take over and even harder to manage. I think I'm more for spreading the word about Autism. Btw there are plenty of unclaimed islands in the Pacific, you should name one of those ASPERGIA. What do you think?

Hello there my name is Chris i am a 25 year old college student. Who is living and has been living his whole life with Asperger's Syndrome. If you don't know what it is seriously do some research. i grew up with a single mother who divorced my father who has bipolar disorder(I hope my Dad dies). Thankfully i don't have it,otherwise i'd kill myself cause another version of my dad being me. No fucking way.

anyway I grew up with a single struggling mother who loves me dearly, and was tired all of the time. I didn't have any actual father figures growing up. I've had many social issues with people. In fact as a child my main coping mechanism was VIDEO GAMES. It then shifted towards Japanese Anime,and now I don't know where.

I've also been supressing my emotions for so many years. I remember where it all began was when I was 9 years old. I was crying feeling sad about how I didn't have a DAD around. the kids around me laughed. The tears of pain grew into RAGE by the time I was 13. I've been supressing my ability to cry around people. Only very few times have I been able to cry in recent years. People don't understand that with those who supress their emotions they tend to have their ANGER show out more than usual. I don't always want to be this angry, heck i don't give a fuck what you people say. I'm a virgin, and you know what if you have a problem then go FUCK YOURSELF.

I've had relationship problems with my former ex-GF who also has Asperger's Syndrome. She called me too clingy, but can you blame a guy like me who's never really had people stick in his life for long periods of time.
    I have one last final thing to say, and don't you dare call 911 or anything. I've made a self vow that if i'm not married or laid by my 30th b-day then i'll buy a GUN and [...]. I'm only deperessed because I feel that my life is not completely under my control.
    I can see why you are so angry towards God and the world itself. Life will never completely be in your control. I just hope you find someone that makes you happy.

ReachOut Pro
    one of the unnamed islands should be called Aspergia.

ReachOut Pro
    Your right and though these male friends are there for me. Next time one of them says I got laid just earlier. I'll say "Yo STFU, at least once its my turn I won't brag it to everyone like a fucking idiot". then if they say stop getting angry I'll say i'm not angry i'm just tired of how my friends like to show off how much Pussy they get. Don't they realize yet i want to kick their asses for even mentioning something related to SEX.

My friends also say you'll have your turn, what when I'm 27. No it is going to be my turn, and i'll get back at my friends with full fucking THUNDER on their asses. I want my fucking REVENGE for every time they have tried to piss me off. though they say "I'm not trying to piss you off, you are just getting pissed off". I'll say yeah I got laid "so the fuck what". "I have my revenge friends of mine".

one of the unnamed islands should be called Aspergia.
    Yeah there's a bunch near Indonesia...I wanna say there probably over 500..

I don't think it's a good idea to want to get revenge. Just chill and when it happens, it happens. If they really are your friends, you don't want to hurt them too badly. =( But hey, how's life going? When do you start school? Plan on going back or joining the military?

ReachOut Pro
    Poeople even women say you look so attractive. Don't you see that with yourself? I respond with "Sorry I just don't see it"

this is all natural. and what i mean is we human as a human needs someone romantically involve with others so it's ok if your clingy. and all you just have to figure things out how to stop being clingy. your a grown man now and things from the past is the past. it's sucks you didn't grew up with a father. you need a father figure in your life and didn't had one but your mom was both a mother and father. so don't be depress about love and not being married at the age of 30. things are more depressing now than any generation and killing yourself for being single is not one of them. your young 25 yrs old you should start encouraging yourself to hang out with other stop being anti social. try to fix yourself in a new self. yes it will take time it does just like asking a girl out it takes time. remember you have to take the good, the bad, and the ugly in life. that is what life is all about. so i wish u luck and no i'm not a person from a church or some shit like that i'm just a guy that tries to help even if it's just a little bit of encouragement.